Summer Game Fest day one stream ends with a whimper, not a bang
Summer Game Fest is now available. “Street Fighter 6,” “Modern Warfare 2,” “One Piece Odyssey,” “Stormgate,” “Witchfire,” and “Goat Simulator 3” were among the titles included in the high-profile event’s first live stream, which was hosted and managed by media mogul Geoff Keighley.
- The first day of the Summer Game Fest webcast concludes with a whimper, not an explosion.
- What exactly is Day of the Developers?
- What we know about the multiplayer game ‘The Last of Us’
The first live broadcast ended with a slew of news related to the Last of Us series, including the revelation of a new multiplayer game, a recreation of the original game for PlayStation 5 and PC, and some small updates on the HBO TV show adaption.
Summer Game Fest, which began on June 9 and will be broadcast live, will go through early next week. Separate presentations from Xbox and Bethesda, Netflix, and other companies are also on the schedule.
Here’s everything you need to know.
- After being held in an online-only version in 2021 and cancelled in both 2020 and 2022, the ESA has announced that its beleaguered annual gaming expo, E3, will return in-person and in a digital format next year.
- The premiere of the “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2″ trailer kicked off the announcements on Wednesday. Activision announced a strategic change around its Call of Duty franchises, praising a new version of its famous “Warzone” battle royale as well as an impending mobile version.
- Geoff Keighley, the host of the Summer Game Fest, promised fresh announcements and “excellent, important updates on games” in the lead-up to the event.