How to play Mega Millions?
What is Mega Millions and how do you play it?
Is it a dream of yours to win the lottery? If that’s the case, you have a variety of choices, including Mega Millions.
What is Mega Millions and how does it work?
Mega Millions is a weekly lottery that offers participants the chance to win a jackpot or other cash prizes twice a week. The cost of each ticket is $2. Every Mega Millions jackpot increases in size until it is won. A single person or a group of people can win any Mega Millions jackpot.
When will the Mega Millions draws take place?
Mega Millions draws are held every week at 11 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays. The draws are broadcast on local television channels; check your local listings. On our website, you may also examine the outcomes of each drawing. Whether you don’t have access to a TV, mobile device, or computer, you may take your ticket to any Lottery shop and have it scanned to see if you’ve won. On Mega Millions draw evenings, the Lottery stops selling tickets at 10:45 p.m., so buy your tickets early! Tickets for the Mega Millions can’t be refunded, and all sales are final.
Create an account to begin playing right away!
You may play Mega Millions online with a Virginia Lottery account, so you’ll never miss a chance to win.
Create a MyGameRoom account and start playing right away! Even if you don’t win, you’ll be supporting children in Virginia because since 1999, the Virginia Lottery has used 100% of its proceeds to benefit K-12 public education.
Playing the game
- On a playslip, you can choose your own numbers. Choose five numbers ranging from 1 to 70, then one Mega Ball number ranging from 1 to 25.
- You may also play Easy Pick, which allows you to let the computer select your numbers for you.
- Pick some of your preferred numbers and let the machine fill in the rest using a combination of various play methods.
- The cost of each ticket is $2.
- Mega Millions drawings take place twice a week at 11:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Except for the jackpot, all awards are predetermined cash amounts. The jackpot amount is determined by the amount of money in the prize pool for the draw.
With Megaplier, you can play a bigger game.
Megaplier is a terrific add-on function that increases a non-jackpot win by 2, 3, 4, or 5 times! Your wins might be multiplied by up to $5,000,000 if you use the Megaplier feature. For $1 per play, add Megaplier to any Mega Millions ticket. The Megaplier number is chosen at random before each Mega Millions draw, so it will not appear on your ticket when you purchase it.
Options for game play
It’s always nice to have choices, so check the Optional Plays box on your playslip if you want to do any of the following:
- Do you want to play the same numbers in many draws on the same ticket? A Multi-Draw ticket allows you to play up to 26 draws in a row on a single ticket. Keep in mind that the ticket price rises with each additional draw.
- Are you planning a special date? One ticket can be purchased for a future draw date. It’s referred to as a Future draw.
- On your playslip, check the Optional Plays box and tell the cashier the future draw date you want.
- You like those numbers so much that you want them on many tickets? You can repeat your play up to 20 times and have the same numbers printed on several tickets.
- When you show your playslip to the cashier, let them know which choice you desire. Keep in mind that entering more than one draw raises the price of your ticket by the number of drawings you enter.
Every week, you have two opportunities to win.
Every Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m., Mega Millions drawings are held. When playing Mega Millions, there are a few factors to bear in mind:
- On draw evenings, we stop selling Mega Millions tickets at 10:45 p.m., so buy your tickets early!
- Tickets for Virginia’s Mega Millions cannot be refunded, and all transactions are final! To verify that your numbers are right, we recommend utilising a playslip.
- When employing optional plays, inform your cashier the option(s) you prefer: Multi-Draw, Future, or Repeat.
- Any winning tickets purchased in Virginia must also be redeemed there.
Every week, you will have two chances to win.
Mega Millions draws take place every Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. There are a few things to keep in mind when playing Mega Millions:
We stop selling Mega Millions tickets at 10:45 p.m. on draw nights, so get your tickets early!
Virginia’s Mega Millions tickets are non-refundable, and all sales are final! We recommend using a playslip to double-check your calculations.
Inform your cashier the option(s) you want when using optional plays: Multi-Draw, Future, or Repeat.
Any winning tickets purchased in Virginia must be redeemed in Virginia as well.
Concerns about the law
The next fresh beginning jackpot and the pace at which the jackpot rises will be determined immediately following the drawing on April 3, 2020, depending on game sales and interest rates, with no predetermined minimum amount. Prior to each drawing, the next jackpot sum will be established and revealed.